Today’s beatdown was inspired by our US Military and the many men and women who give their lives everyday for this great land we love. YHC decided to go all out in the gloom this am and really work up a lather with the PAX by focusing on excercises and PT that our US Navy Seals use in their training.
Mosey around the parking lot up towards Stonehenge- about 1/2 mile for warm-up and disclaimer:
- Cotton pickers
- Imperial Walkers
Circle of Fire:
5 merkins(IC) Bear Crawl to the left 2 spots. 5 MC’s (IC). Hold plank after each set. No rest.
The PAX rinsed and repeated for 3 rounds ending with 15 merkins and 15 MC’s (all IC).
Mosey towards the playground for some Pyramids;
Two pain stations awaited us. With 5 total PAX, we split up into a group of 3 and a group of 2. We rotated after each completed set once Group 2 finished their pyramids.
Pain Station 1: Group 1 did AMRAP on monkey bars-rotate between pull-ups and knee-ups(5 pull ups for 10 knee-ups).
Pain Station 2(Parking lot)- Group 2
- 5 Burpees- run 25 m down and back (approx 44 yds total)
- 5 Burpees, 5 High knees(each leg one)- run(hopefully you’re catching on to a theme here.
- 5 Burpees, 5 high knees, 5 merkins- run
- 5 Burpees, 5 high knees, 5 merkins, 5 Hammers- run.
The goal here was to build our endurance by increasing our pyramid by 5 reps each excercise. Unfortunately we only got to rinse and repeat once with 10 reps with 25 m run down and back. Great work by all!
Proud of this group today! All men pushed through together like highly trained soldiers. This workout definitely stretched everyone, but we were all better for it.
- Continued prayers for Dash and job.
- Praise for Howser-upcoming graduation and student honors-Proud of you brother!
- Growth of AO as we continue to encourage the men in our community.