It was a slightly brisk morning in the northern territory of Cherokee county. The kind of morning that harkens back to the days when tribe members of these parts would wake early to hunt the then numerous Buffalo that I assume roamed the area because I was terrible at American history. We did our best to invoke that spirit of the natives, but during our time this Saturday morning I think I may of heard snickering blowing through the wind. I’d like to see them do blimps and run the stadiums, bunch of jerk ghosts.
So I got the start for the day and here is how it went down.
- 10 Merkins
- 15 SSH
- 15 Cotton Pickers
- 10 squats
- Run to the back Parking lot
- 11’s up the hill → Carolina Dry docks @ the top & LBC @ the bottom, Banjo was crushing it, Getting stronger with each workout.
- When we were done we will partner up → fastest w/ Slowest & Down the line. At least that was the plan but we had odd numbers so that went out the window. Next we ran back to the main parking lot for partner suicides:
- Partner 1 will ran to the 1st line of cars then back. When he returned partner 2 ran to the next line then back. Each runner went to the next farthest line until the whole parking lot was completed.
- Partner 2 started BLIMPS (5 Burpees, 10 Lunges @ leg, 15 Imperial Walkers, 20 Merkins, 25 Plank Jacks, & 30 Squats). Each man picked up where they left off, not their partner. Each man was responsible for his own BLIMPS. When we finished a BLIMP, Rinse and repeat until the partners had completed the entire Parking Lot. I promise it was just as much fun as it sounds.
With my superb planning skills we finished right at the 30 minute mark and I handed the baton to Bloodhound to take us the rest of the way. So from the parking lot we moseyed to the stadium. Inside we lined up along the base line of the field for an early morning quarter pounder. We improvised a bit as we worked with soccer lines instead of football. Do it went as follows: run to the 18 foot line for 25 merkins, then backpedal all the way back. Then to mid field for 50 squats then backpedal, run to the opposite side 18 foot line for 75 mountain climbers filled by some more backpedal, then finally sprint the field, 100 ssh then backpedal all the way back.
Once done we looked for a way into the practice field but got discouraged and settled for a concrete slab where we performed 5 rounds of circle burp. Then we had a little game of follow the leader up and down both sets stadiums. Finally we found a set of 3 hidden pull up bars (super win). We started doing round of an exercises and pull up holds but to everyone’s dismay we ran out of time and had to mosey back to the flag.
Prayers and praise for a young member of banjos church who had a seizer the other day but was able to make it back to the youth group this week.
Prayers and praise for bloodhound’s mother in law who is battling cancer and has been getting stronger everyday
Prayers for c4’s neighbor who recently lost his mother.