Welcome to the Country Club
PAX (4.5): Birdie, Flo, Saint2O, Tenderfoot
School is out for summer, which means Bushwood season is back!
This seasonal craft AO nestled in the Johns Creek subregion of Alpha is a summertime favorite for PAX that like the extra cross-training aspect of getting run, bootcamp, and swim concentrated in the same morning, at a bit more forgiving start time of 6am (pre-run 5:30).
3 pre-runners and 4 total PAX posted for the beatdown. A 5th surprised us by dropping in after Q-ing The Bridge and took the above photo.
SSH, WP, IW, IYT (renamed Cow Milkers by Tenderfoot), T-Rotations, Mosey up and around clubhouse.
Gather at the tennis court viewing bleachers for 10 apiece OYO: Derkins, Bulgarian Split Squats (10 each leg), Dips.
Thang 1: Tennis
We have seldom used the tennis courts for our Bushwood beatdowns, but that changed this morning. Flo and I pay way too much in HOA dues to not incorporate this great feature.
Thang 1.1: Agassi’s:
- Agassi’s are listed in the F3 Exicon as Tennis court suicides. We did them across two courts
- Start with 1 hand-clap merkin at the baseline of court 1
- Suicide to each horizontal line and back, incrementing the hand-clap merkin count by 1 rep each return to the baseline.
- We worked up to 10 reps on the final return to baseline. The PAX modified to regular merkins around the 8th suicide
Thang 1.2: Bobby Hurley Shuffles
- PAX remained in wide squat position this whole routine
- Start at bottom left corner of the four tennis courts with 1 Bobby Hurley
- Side shuffle to opposite corner of same court and do 2 Bobby Hurleys
- Side shuffle to next corner for 3 Bobby Hurleys
- Continue zig-zagging our way via side shuffles to each corner of each of the four courts, incrementing Bobby Hurleys by 1 rep each time, until we reached 10 reps at the final corner.
Thang 2: Swim
We transitioned to the pool, doffed shirts and donned goggles.
Thang 2.1: 4-corners x 11’s
- To avoid a logjam, each PAX started at a different corner of the swim lane portion of the pool
- PAX conducted an 11’s of merkins and sumo squats, swimming in clockwise direction from corner to corner
- At each corner, exit the pool to do the reps, decrementing merkins by 1 and incrementing sumo squats by 1 at each stop.
Thang 2.2: Grinder
- At any given time, someone is doing:
- AMRAP LBC’s on one side of the pool
- AMRAP Freddie Mercuries on the other side
- Swimming from one side to the other
- With 4 PAX to occupy 3 stations at any given time, Tenderfoot and I paired up for our work.
- Tenderfoot now has a renewed understanding of Grinders.
Thang 2.3: Tread Water
- With our remaining time, the PAX treaded water in the diving section, alternating hands raised vs lowered every 10 seconds
The Bushwood PAX were delighted to have a visit from Birdie during Thang 2.3 and the COT.
Murph Monday 5/29 at 7am at Bridge / Meathouse. Do not come to Hooch as it is closed.
Praises for completion of 8th grade for Flo’s 2.0.
Prayers for margin for all PAX, and for healing from a month of illness passing from person-to-person in YHC’s household.
Super-stoked to get stronger by land and by sea with the PAX this summer. Good work by those who posted. To those that did not: come on in, the water’s fine. The Bushwood Q sheet is also open, so grab you a spot.