Where: The Wreck
When: 26 April ’19
PAX: Grease Monkey, Rooney, Deadbeat, OJ, Rusty, Thud, Squeak, Bieber, Divot, Yankee
With Avengers: End Game opening this weekend, YHC was stoked about seeing the movie and reckoned a beatdown worthy of superheroes was in order. Well, that, and the fact that a bunch of Wrecker’s are taking part in various running races this weekend (many, many Wreckers are into running in case no one has noticed), today’s beatdown was minimal on the mosey and heavier on the lifting. After wondering for a minute at 0528 if Gmonkey and YHC would be the only ones taking part in the workout, an additional 9 PAX rolled into the Wreck parking lot to make for a decent sized group, and, we were off.
short mosey up to small parking lot where the following were knocked out:
20 Side Straddle Hops, 15 Windmills, High Knees–30 seconds worth, and 10 or so S-l-o-w Merkins (to ensure good form of course..). Then, off to the playground area to grab a lifting coupon and get down to business.
- 20 Bent Rows w/coupon
- 10 Thrusters w/coupon
- 5 Pull Ups
- 5 Knee Ups
- 5 Burpees
- 20 Lunges w/weight overhead (double-count)
- The objective: 6 Rounds
(hmmm, figured it would take us a little while longer to finish that…)
So, YHC instructed PAX to return coupons used to the coupon repository and assemble (see what I did there?) under the pavilion and claim a picnic table for…
Begin with 10 dips:1 Merkin, 9 dips:2 Merkins…all the way to…1 dip: 10 Merkins, then..
and a quick shot of Morning Call (5 pull ups/PAX while those waiting performed 5 good-form Merkins)
A short trot back to shovelflag for some LBC’s and Hero Big Boy sit-ups (my term) where one throws alternating punches at the top of the rep.
Prayers offered up for those traveling and taking part in this weekend’s races and memorial runs including:
- Helenback Marathon, ½ Marathon and 5K, Helen, GA
- Atlanta Tillman Honor Run, Alpharetta, GA
(I’m betting the Helen course will be slightly more hilly ‘n scenic when compared to the North Point Parkway course, but, it’s only a guess)
Nekked Man Moleskin
Please permit me to pause at this point and say that we have some seriously strong PAX i.e. the first finishers completed round six of The Thang at about the 26 minute mark. (I know this because Zepplin’s “Black Dog” is roughly 26 minutes into a 37 minute playlist. See below). Alas, some classic tunes always make a hard beatdown that much more fun. The answers to yesterday’s Avenger–theme song playlist matching game are as follows:
- The Trooper/Iron Maiden–Steve Rogers a.k.a. Cap’n America
- Iron Man/Blk Sabbath–Tony Stark a.k.a. Ironman (duh!)
- Immigrant Song/Led Zep’–Thor Odinson ,or, just “Thor” to you mortals.
- Breakout/Foo Fighters–Dr. Bruce Banner a.k.a. The Hulk
- Shoot to Thrill/AC/DC–Clinton “Clint” Francis Barton a.k.a. Hawkeye
- Black Dog/Led Zep’–Natalia Alianovna Romanova a.k.a. Black Widow (don’t judge by the song’s title)
- Spider-Man/The Ramones–Peter Parker a.k.a. Spiderman (a gimme)
- Smooth Criminal/Alien Ant Farm–Scott Lang a.k.a. Ant-Man (like that?)
- War Machine/AC/DC– James Rupert “Rhodey” Rhodes a.k.a. War Machine (obviously)
Here’s a link if you’d like it: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4JmzdL2zQqAkQf6H3ekWS4
Always a privilege and fun to lead and push myself to improve around these down-to-earth, “heroes”