This week, The Paragon/Kodiak have had the privilege of launching two new AO’s in Cherokee country. Awesome stuff! With one of them, Stoneclad, kicking off today, YHC was expecting a smaller number of Pax to show up for the beatdown. Wrong! 19 Pax (2 FNG’s) posted this morning for what turned out to be a quad-crushing endeavor. Garfield could be heard cheering on the Pax with his contagious energy…all while demonstrating his catlike quickness running up and down the stairs. YHC expects that he was gearing up for his VQ at Paragon on Tuesday. Be there!
Mosey to the MS bus lot
– Cotton Pickers
– Sun gods
We Mosey’d the bottom of the Hill of Pain for the start of Burp-Back Mountain where the Pax performed 5 rounds of the following:
– 10 Mountain Climbers (L+R = 1)
– Run up the HoP
– 10 Burpees at the top of the hill
– Run across the covered sidewalk and down the staircase
– 10 Squats at the bottom of the stairs
– Return to start, stopping to perform 10 more Burpees at the top of the HoP
– Rinse and Repeat
We ended up waiting for the 6 after round 3, and went through a few MoM before we completed rounds 4 and 5. A few more MoM on the 6 at the end. In all, the Pax performed 50 Mt. Climbers, 100 Burpees, and 50 Squats…and ran roughly 2 miles up and over the hill. This took significantly longer than YHC expected but the work was great and the Pax crushed it.
– Multiple pax shared answers prayers of successful surgeries of loved ones
– Nomad has been encouraged by his increased fitness, which showed at his PT test
– Multiple Pax are headed south this Saturday for a Spartan race
– 3rd F this Saturday: service project at HopeQuest. Message YHC if interested.
Remember! 2 new AO’s launched this week in Cherokee county. A new 0.0 workout meets at Avery elementary at 5:30 on Wednesdays. Stoneclad, at Sequoya Park, will meet every Thursday at 5:30. F3 has been huge for each of us. Let’s invite more men in and around our community into our experience!