If you’re like most people, each January goes something like this: You choose a problematic behavior that has plagued you for years and vow to reverse it. In fact, you can probably think of two or three undesirable habits—make that four or five.
Thus begins the litany of imperfections to be perfected commonly known as “New Year’s Resolutions.” All of which are typically off your radar by February.
“My One Word” is an experiment designed to move you beyond this cycle. The challenge is simple: lose the long list of changes you want to make this year and instead pick ONE WORD.
This process provides clarity by taking all your big plans for life change and narrowing them down into a single focus. Just one word that centers on your character and creates a vision for your future. So, we invite you to join us and pick one word for the next twelve months.
In parking lot.. SSH x 15, Imperial Walker x 10, Mountain Climber x 10
Mosey to track past the pool and on center field fence of fields adjacent to Milton Ave. Not sure we’ve seen this portion of the Rubicon before..
Mosey from left pole to circle just outside Community Field, sprinting from last light pole to circle, then back again to left pole, then again to circle.
Now that the blood is running.. (apparently more so for YHC due to his recent absences at weekday beatdowns)
The PAX will travel from circle flag to circle flag, then around track again back to first flag.. Yeah, I know, this explanation stinks as not many unique landmarks on this path..
20 dips at planters
10 regular merkins at circle flag
10 diamond merkins at left pole
10 wide merkins at other circle flag
Various HIM led the lead group in a variety of exercises when complete. PAX then traveled backwards to greet and encourage trailing PAX to the finish line… Cuz that’s just what we do.
In circle, Copperhead Squats x 10.
Mosey to Community Field.
Squat Jumps x 12 OYO, x 10 OYO, x 8 OYO, x 6 OYO, x 4 OYO, x 2 OYO.
Mosey around track and back to the flag for Mary.
A little Q-school for some of the guys who are ready but maybe hesitant to jump on their VQ. Good count for all except YHC at the end there.. I blame my own exhaustion due to my absences.
Prayers for Cookie’s family member and Law Dog’s colleague. Prayers for God to use this group for His good.. Let’s be something different in a sometimes bitter world, a rock for those who rely on us.
- Last year, we all shared our ONE WORD for 2016. YHC found it pretty impactful.. Let’s share our ONE WORD with the world on Twitter.
- Keep working on that count. Blue Steel is ready to go, again taking the lead on much of the beatdown.
- Fondue also with a nice count, ready for his 2nd Q.
- Nice pace for much of the PAX on the runs around the track. YHC was just trying to keep up, and that’s the way it should be.
- Looking for a HIM to take Tuesdays in the new Quarter. Any PAX looking to step up? Like Crack says.. you don’t have to Q every week, just ensure coverage.
- YHC thinks we’re due for a little 3rd and 2nd F.