10 Strong at the Hooch this morning, as all came with enthusiasm for a Feathers-led VQ. The smiles and chatter were only mildly tempered as YHC issued a subtle warning to stretch those legs well, as we’re fixin’ to do some runnin’.
Short mosey, side/sides, and high knees. Followed by SSHs, Abe Vigodas, Weed Pickers.
Mosey past the Hurricane onto the church grounds, stopping for some lunges to get those hips and quads warmed up for the beatdown to follow. Continued mosey to the 200m track to receive further direction.
(Almost) a mile and a half of unmitigated fun.
First, a modified Spartan:
- Line up at the midpoint of the near straightaway, and sprint 100m to the opposite midpoint;
- 12 Merkins to get the upper body engaged, then Al Gore for the 6;
- Mosey as a unit to the start point, whence Q gives direction to sprint;
- Rinse/repeat, alternating Merkins, LBCs, and Squats, for 3 cycles of 3 exercises, 9 total laps and a lot of Midwife Noises.
Slow recovery mosey to the start point, followed by a Mercy ¼ Mile:
- Jog to the first turn
- 10 merkins
- Bear Crawl through the turn
- 10 LBCs
- Rinse/Repeat, Jogging the straights, and alternating Bear Crawls and Lunges on the turns, for two full laps
With time running short and quads and lungs afire, mosey back to the flag for 3 minutes of Mary, the details of which escape me.
Praise and thanks for these men and the ability to beat each other up. Continued prayers for families in need of guidance and clarity, for big career choices, and for our brothers in Puerto Rico.
Have a great hump-day men, it was an honor to lead you for the first time.
Feathers mic drop