With all the growth in @F3Cherokee1, it has been a good long time since YHC posted at the The Firehouse. Throughout the previous week, conversations kept coming up about The Firehouse which signaled it had been too long. Today was the day! Qing hadnt been the original plan but when Reuben asked, YHC figured it was just another sign so the Q was mine.
With the rain holding off (for the most part), we moseyed to the lower parking lot for the warm up. Circled up for the following:
- Weed Picker
- Imperial Walker
- Sun Gods (Fwd & Rev)
- Finkle Swings
We split up into two groups of two for the following:
- Group 1 performs Lt. Dans while Group 2 holds Al Gores (approx 25 yards away)
- Upon arrival, Group 1 holds Al Gore while Group 2 does Lt. Dans back
- For the flapjack, we modified the Lt. Dans to perform 1:4 ratio with Monkey Humpers / Lunges
- Both groups did the modified set
We then moved under the pavilion, for the following routine:
- Start on left side for LH Sleeping Hillbilies x 15
- Go into LH up plank for Nolan Ryans x15
- Move to six position for BBSU x 15
- Move to right side for RH Sleeping Hillbilies x 15
- Go into RH up plank for Nolan Ryans x15
- Roll onto stomach for Superman SSH x15
YHC considers the two routines a success as mumble chatter started to surface from the otherwise quiet group thus far!
Next up was Pickle Pounders x15 for two sets and then circled up for 4 rounds of Guantanamo. We then took advantage of the benches for 2 sets of Russian Dips x 20 (4 count). Continuing with the benches, we did 2 sets of under bench pull ups (not sure if this even has a real name but Spaceballs introduced YHC to this move one morning at Paragon so we rolled with it) x 10 (4 count).
With a small group, exercises can move quickly…it was only 5:55 and the weinke was looking a bit empty at that point. No problem, we just dug deep and plowed on!
PAX circled up and each PAX called one of their favorites.
- American Hammers
- Dying Cockroach
- One more I cant remember (apologies Fudd)
Back to the benches for modified Aiken Legs:
- Squat x 20
- Step Ups x 20 (10 each leg)
- Jump Lunges x 20 (4 count)
Finished up with a set of Derkins x 10 before leaving the pavilion. Lined up for an Indian Run back to the upper parking lot. Once back to the flag (or where the flag should have been), we circled up for 6MOM.
- Surfers x10 (4 count)
- Box Cutters x 15
- Air Presses / Raise the Roof x50
- Tempo Merkin x10
TIME…6:15 had arrived!
Lego was the 6th man since he was #4 (sorry gents as YHC realized later that I totally jumped the gun on the Name-o-rama. Good to hear a bit of Lego’s back story…”Everything Is Awesome!” (Just needed to say that)
Prayers for Baker’s mother who is in the hospital due to health complications while dealing with cancer. Additionally, Baker is headed to NC next week to compete in the 36 Hours of Uwarrie competition which looks pretty cool (check it out at http://pltoffroad.com/product/bfg-36-hours-uwharrie/). Good luck Baker!