After a long hard week of signing autographs and taking phone calls from agents for a potential modeling career (see http://aroundcantonmagazine.com/f3/ ), YHC was excited to get back to Q-ing Monday’s at the Kodiak. However, the fartsack had a strong hold on me this morning. YHC got up just in time to get out the door and to The Kodiak to find 12 Pax waiting on me at 5:29:55. No time to finish my cup of coffee (which probably explains some many brain farts this morning), so jumped out the car door and said lets Mosey.
To the middle of the parking lot for the following warm up all IC:
- SSH x 20
- IW x 21
- Cotton Picker x 15 – Welcome back Oddjob to make 14 Pax in the gloom
- Squat x 10
- Merkin x 10
Mosey over to the middle school for some Circus Maximus. The middle school has a nice track shaped parking lot with Light poles strategically placed that make great markers for exercise stops, however there were six light poles and YHC only planned for four. Never fear, YHC loves to improvise as the beat down progresses. So as the Pax ran a lap around the parking lot, stopping for 20 of the following exercises at each light pole: Merkins, LBCs, Squats, Carolina Dry Docks, American Hammers, and Lunges. Two laps around and plank for the six.
Next up everyone’s favorite leg routine, Lieutenant Dans. The Pax lined up at the end of the parking lot for Lt. Dans up the middle isle. 1-4 squat to lunge ratio starting with one squat and 4 lunges. The Pax made it to the end of the parking lot with 7 squats and 28 lunges stopping for 10 IC merkins at the 2 concrete islands.
After a some what slow Kodiak 10 count time to Mosey. It feels oh so good to mosey after Lt. Dans.
The Pax moseyed back to the High School for some partner work. One partner at the Curb doing Rocky Balboas while the other partner runs to the benches for 25 dips. Rotate until the Q got tired which was 3 rounds for a total of 75 dips.
YHC heard someone say Bear Crawl. Evidently there was some mumble chatter going on about Saturday’s beatdown by Bloodhound about dragging some sand babies. That was all YHC needed to hear. TIme to incorporate some bear crawls into this work out. After all we had two FNGs. How can you have a beatdown for FNGs without bear crawls. Line up on the curb. Bear crawl from curb to curb with a Mike Tyson at each curb. Heard some mubble chatter about rocks in the parking lot, but evidently not as bad as the parking lot I-Beam uses at the Rubican. YHC realized two rounds was enough.
Mosey back to the flag for some mary all in cadence: 10 J-Lo’s, 20 LBCs, 20 Dolly’s, 20 Freddie Mercury. YHC had about 2 minutes left according to his watch and decide that was enough mary. Finished off with 20 IC squats and 31 calf raises.
Name-O-Rama: Welcome Manning and The Politician
Prayers for Crickets mom, Rosetta’s son, and Oddjob’s son. “Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding.”
- Great work by all today. We have had 6 FNGs since the article in Around Canton came out last week. Not all FNG related to that, but great way to spread the word.
- 2.0 beatdown coming up at the Kodiak. on Saturday June 24th.
- Quarterly Q’s needed for 3rd quarter starting in July.
- Welcome FNG Manning. He is from Boston so of course names like Yankee, Jeter, etc were thrown out there. So many names to choose from, just kept throwing them out until one seemed to fit just right. Great work. See you on Wednesday.
- Welcome FNG The Politician. Apparently his EH went something like this: While on an ice cream date, The Politician said, “Man, how do you eat so much ice-cream and look so good. Are you playing a lot of tennis?” Do-Si-Do replied “No man, I F3!” The Politician “That is the crazy thing Law Dog does at 5:30.” Do-Si-Do, “Yep, you should come out. It will help your tennis game and you can eat as much ice cream as you want.” (Well that is how YHC imagined it went down when I heard they took their kids to get ice cream).
- Oddjob’s second post, back after Saturday’s beatdown. Great work. Apologies. Apparently I called him Oddball this morning. While not his right name, we should remember that for future use.