With a good bit of The Wreck on Spring Break, 9 Pax still showed up for a 5:30 tee time on a very different and difficult course. No time was wasted with a warm-up and instead we headed right into The Thang:
Started with a quick mosey to the football field where YHC had F3 Golf (completely made up the day before but hoping it becomes a tradition) set up and ready to go. The setup was simple:
- Hitting Mat + 6 golf balls + Ping Zing 9 Iron + 18 possible exercises = 9 tired Pax.
- Golfer draws an exercise out of the hat
- Golfer then hits the golf ball
- Ball must go past the 25 yard line or everyone takes a lap around the field.
- Whatever yardage the ball lands on is the number of exercises we do (EX: We did 99 Merkins at one point thanks to a beautiful shot that landed on the far 1 yard line).
- The Pax sprint to the ball and perform the exercise then sprint back. Squat hold for the 6.
- Exercises were as follows:
- Wide Merkins
- Diamond Merkins
- Bobby Hurleys
- Arm Circles
- American Hammers
- Squat Hold (Yardage = # of seconds)
- Squat Jumps
- Big Boy Situps
- Shoulder Raises
- Dying Cockroach
In all I think we hit every body part and had to cut the 47 burpees at the end short because of time. Notable duffs by Rooney and yours truly after making fun of him. A mosey back to the flag clocked us in at over 3.5 miles.
- Praying for Squeegee’s wife’s friend and child that’s having health concerns
- Praying/thinking about Maddog and his father
- Coffee followed at CL
- Ready for another awesome day of golf…I mean work.
Bronco back to the clubhouse.