48 Degrees and 14 Alpha Men showed up at the Widow-Maker to meet with Charles Bronson and do some other spectacular things. We ultimately got caught by the clock, but put up a brave effort to beat it – it was not meant to be. You’ll see how we got caught.
No time for a warm up, there would be plenty of time to warm up as we got to work. We would remain on the newly covered soccer field for the entire duration – no time to waste moving around.
First evolution: The Charles Bronson – a brutal and epic start. Here’s how it goes:
The starting point was the goal line, 2nd point at the opposite end of the field in line with a light pole, 3rd point the other side goal line.
At the starting point perform 50 SSHs, sprint the 2nd point, then army crawl to 3rd point. Mosey back to start, 50 Merkins then rinse/repeat. 50 burpees, rinse/repeat. 100 LBCs, rinse/repeat. Finish with 50 Jump Squats rinse/repeat.
Second Evolution: Bearway to Heaven.
A Bear Crawl suicide of seven increasing lengths with decreasing burpees at the end of each length. Each cone place at intervals of 5-6 yards. Burpees and bear crawls – good way to build core strength and get the blood pumping.
Third Evolution: Hindenberg BLIMPS using the corners of the one half of the field and where the Halfway line and Touchlines meet. The rabbits were able to make it through most of the 4th corner for the Merkins (around 140 – 150 total) before there was one minute left to circle up and YHC had to call “time!”
A valiant effort, but the clock got the better of us. Next time!
- lots of mumble-chatter – topics ranged from movie quotes (Zima being the SME) to cars and everything in between. MT and Devito the source of much of the interesting banter.
- good work by all – sprinting across the field in the CB turned into races between some of the PAX.
- FNG Fudd introduced by Foghorn – great having him join. A good addition as he has a track and cross-country background and also is intimately familiar with the AO having trained there while at school.
- Ha-Ha (Respect!) with 6 beatdowns this week – this HIM’s consistency is highly commendable and a fine example to follow. Get after it!
- Foghorn always smiling when you get the chance to glance over at him! It’s infectious and encouraging.
- 118 burpees was the total count and the Merkins count varied – 210 total if you could’ve made it through the last corner.
- Boomer closed us out.
- Keep in prayers the family of co-worker of Saban who lost 10 yr-old to the flu.
- Remember our friend from the Hooch who is battling cancer
- Thankful to our Heavenly Father for His grace, our health and all the goodness we have because we belong to Him.