Our new Hickory Flat F3 AO had 23 PAX post today! Today we focused on the GLUE of F3. It’s easy to get someone out for a free workout — we call it putting the “Emotional Headlock” on a guy. But for most F3 guys, the reason they keep showing back up at 5:30 in the morning are the friendships we build in the Gloom.
There’s something special about embracing the suck (beatdown) with another guy. We encourage those bonds by closing every workout with what we call the “CoT” (Circle of Trust). Every guy gives his birth name, age and his F3 name (slightly insulting + stupid = good F3 name).
YHC tried to reinforce the Second F through partner exercises during this morning’s beatdown. The Pax showed full support by partnering up and embracing the suck. We even had two Pax do a complete wipe out during Catch Me if You Can. (maybe we should add the Catch Me If You Can routine to the pre beatdown disclaimer) Luckily no one was hurt because YHC was able to enjoy a good laugh. Plus the beatdown resulted in one of the Pax Splashing Merlot. Legends and war stories are being built quickly for our new Hickory Flat AO. Lastly, we had 2 FNG’s today! Welcome Beastie and Thunder Lips!
Mosey to the parking lot behind Dean Rusk
SSH x 15 IC
Hillbillies x 15 IC
Windmills x 15 IC
Mosey to the bus loop
Partner up for Catch Me If You Can
P1 knocks out 10 diamond merkins . P2 starts running backwards. P1 runs to catch P2. P2 knocks out 10 diamond merkins. Rinse and repeat 4 laps around bus loop
Mosey to the football stadium – meet at the bottom of the hill
Burp-back mountain (partner again)
P1 starts working on 100 burpees. P2 runs backward up the hill x 5 times, then picks up where P1 finished on the burpees. Rinse and repeat until 100 burpees are completed. This is where we induced the Merlot Splash. Good work!!
Navy Seal BBS x 20ish (team, partner, 2nd F – get the picture?)
Wheel Barrel Elevens – Up The Bleachers
Partner up again. 1 dip at the bottom. Wheel barrel to the top of the bleachers. Knock out 10 merkins. Run back down. Proceed like normal elevens, except do partner wheel barrels when going up the bleachers. Good times!
Flutter kicks x 10ish IC
Jay Lo x 10ish IC
LBC x 10ish IC
Something else x 10ish IC (maybe)
- Welcome again to Beastie and Thunder Lips
- Prayers for Hasbro’s dad. He recently had a heartache.
- Prayers for Spaceballs father-in-law and the family. The father-in-law has dementia.
- Prayers for Thunder Lip’s dad. He is fighting addiction.
- YHC wrapped up by reminding each of us that F3 is not for yourself, it is for the guy beside you. F3 is about so much more than just a free workout. The exercise is the magnet, the relationships bring us back. It is about being accountable to others and holding your brother accountable. We are here to build each other up as leaders, husbands and fathers. Plus, we have coffeteria onsite for the PAX! That is how we roll. SYITG!